Monday, May 26, 2008

Readers Ask

Hey fashionpicks,

You have been reviewing some great high end fashion stuff on your blog.Your choice of products is both lustworthy as well as interesting.Its a very informative site too.I have two queries.

1.Why is it that you review only merchandise from high end designers?

2.On what basis do you review items on your blog?

3.I'm looking at fashion ideas for casual as well as evening wear this summer and I'm not in line with the trends of the season.So if you could walk me through a summer wardrobe, I would be much indebted to you.

Would appreciate if you could take some time out of your schedule to answer my queries.

Regards,


Well this is one of the many queries that I get everyday from readers, questioning me on a myriad of issues right from the most basic ones like the relevance of my blog to everyday fashion to very specific ones like what to wear during a particular season or occasion. I have even got some entirely off the trajectory questions like how to lose weight to fit in a particular dress that I had featured on my blog to desperate pleas on tips to become size zero.So far I have been answering queries on a one on one basis subject to the availability of time.With the passage of time, I saw a clear pattern emerge in concerns that were being addressed to me.I'll try my best to take one query per week and answer them to the best of my ability.

For privacy reasons, I would not be publishing either the name or the email id of the person whose query I'm answering.So girls take you pen and bring out those fashion doubts lingering in the dark abysses of your heart right to the surface.


Well coming back to the letter that needs my attention, let me address the issues piece meal.

1.Why is it that you review only merchandise from high end designers?

There might be a misconception with the audience that it is easy to appear fashionable with the likes of Guiseppe Zannoti, Christain Loubotin etc as your crutch.While that might be true to an extent, the intent to showcase high end fashion by the likes of the mentioned designers is because of the very reason that these are the people who through their ingenious fashion forward ideas dictate the trends for a particular season.It is their designs that percolate to shops selling apparel or accessories for the masses.By being acquainted with high end fashion, one develops a keen eye for fashion and ends up shopping the "right" clothes and shoes instead of running pell mell inside a mall undecided about what to chose from the plethora of options available.
So girls get inspired by the Gods of fashion to make your shopping a heavenly experience!!!

2.On what basis do you review items on your blog?
I try to maintain a healthy balance on reviewing all that could go into your wardrobe though at times I might be a little partial to one particular item say like shoes.In general I look out for sleek designs with some element of novelty in them as fashion is a process of constant self discovery reflecting the see saw of emotions we feel every morning.

3.I'm looking at fashion ideas for casual as well as evening wear this summer and I'm not in line with the trends of the season.So if you could walk me through a summer wardrobe, I would be much indebted to you.

Oops I'm weighed down by this query!!!Just kidding.This is too big a query to be answered in a few lines.Nevertheless, I do intend to write a series of articles on summer dressing.So stay tuned to have a hot hot summer ahead.

No comments: